Tuesday, September 06, 2005

"Sometimes I give myself the creeps...."

Green Day was a blast. Need I say more? Actually I can say it was faneffintastic. There was a crowd of about 12,000 people. Although a huge crowd, Green Day managed to keep the entire crowd of people on their feet, jumping-cheering- & screaming "Ay-Oh". Not to mention how Billy Joe almost tricked us into doing a male version of Meg Ryan's orgasm scene in "When Harry met Sally". The crowd went from cheering Ay-Ya to "oh yeah" to "ohhhhh yeeaaahhhh" and then we all clued in and began to laugh. He knew right then and there that he had all 12,000 of us wrapped around his finger.




I had a few favorite parts throughout the show. At one point there were two hoses at either side of the stage and Billy Joe began soaking the crowd. He got to one end and then would run to the other. Finally he pulled a 10yr or so up on stage to help him out. The kid became the most popular kid in school....especially if today was his first day. My second favorite moment was when Green Day decided they wanted to start a new band right then and there. So, up went 3 teens from the crowd onto the stage. One drummer, one bass guitarist and one lead guitarist. So, they did it. They learned the notes they needed to and off they went while Billy Joe sang. Can you imagine the feeling those guys had?? And the lead guitarist got to keep Billy Joe's own guitar!! And last but not least. They broke out into a jazz tune! It was amazing and then they covered Operation Ivy's Knowledge, a combo of "Shout" (you know you make me wanna SHOUT, throw your hands up and SHOUT) and "Stand by Me" (So darling, darling...stand by me ohhhh stand by me" It's still ringing in my head!)

Well, thats that I guess. I could go and on and on but it's enough. Aleisha (my friends 13 yr old whom I brought and it was her first concert) certainly picked a good concert to go to as her first. I think she had the "Time of Your Life" and was a "Basket Case" on her way there! It definitely was a night to remember.

1 Comments:

Blogger Raina* said...

OMG, Caroline, I'm green with effing envy!!
I love em, I love em....... I was just telling Jimmy tonight you were there last night and I could see the wishful look in his eyes.
"Someday.......oh Someday." he promised.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home