Thursday, March 09, 2006

Sittin' at home on a Thursday

So I called in sick today. It killed me to do it because I HATE calling in sick when I'm actually sick. It sucks. My sick days are usually kept for a I-don't-feel-like-doing-anything day. Oh well. I woke up to a huge headache, my ear is blocked, I'm stuffed up and coughing. Oh how I feel beautiful! I can however sing ins Phoebie's 'sexy' voice. "Smelly caaat, smeellly cat, what are they feeding you?!"

I really don't have much else to talk about. Looks like the negotiations with my work and union went well and we're not going on strike. Thank friggin' god! I don't know what I would do if we had to go on strike. Yuckers. The thought of it makes my skin crawl. Not the striking so much but the lack of money and the hostility between co-workers.

So, my buddy Tanya and I have been chatting ALOT. She and I were pretty much the only two of our highschool crew who moved to go to school in Toronto. After I graduated she went to BC and I moved back to Timmins and then to O-town. We've kept in touch off and on but lately we've been chatting a lot. She has the worst luck when it comes to meeting guys. I've laughed so much in the last week with her and her stories! My god I miss having her around. Tanya is my buddy who used to smoke in high school and kept it from her parents. We'd make plans to hang out, and since my parents always let me use the vehicle I'd go pick her up. Then, we'd make our way to the store (where they sell the best poutines ever...even Shania Twain apparently has one when she's in the great white north). She'd buy a pack of cigarettes and a Playgirl. Then we'd go get a Tim Horton's coffee and go park the jeep at the arena. She'd smoke while I read the articles to her! hahaha There's so many other funny stories but it would take forever!

Now Tanya is preggers and I decided that early next year I'm going to BC to visit her and the new little baby. I can't wait! I've always wanted to go there! Woohoo!!

Alrighty, I'm freezing and I guess I should get something done today. Going to go do a little bit of cleaning. I can't just sit here when I'm sick. Stupid eh? I feel like I'm wasting a day if I don't get anything done. So...I'm off!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Oh, I'm sorry you're sick! I really hope you get to feeling better soon! :(

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home