Saturday, December 10, 2005

It's been awhile....

Well, I'm not even sure that anyone still checks my blog or not. The only 3 people I'm certain is Raina, Chrissy & Lisanne. I've gotten the "why haven't you been updating lately?" , "I used to have this friend who blogged but I haven't heard from her in awhile". I'm guilty and I've been lazy. I haven't had an excuse other than just plain laziness.

I just checked Raina's blog and I've been TAGGED! So I guess thats a hint. I had started a post yesterday and made it half way through. It was very similar to the tag Raina got me on. So I'm going to incorporate my original post with Raina's tag. Why? Because it's my blog and I'll cry if I want to. Let's hope this makes sence!

1) This is the first year I'm totally not motivated for Christmas. I usually have my gifts bought & wrapped by now. I've been avoiding the malls and now I've put myself in the situation I always avoid...the crowds. So, next weekend whether I like it or not I'm getting my christmas shopping done. I'm hoping all of it. I just ordered a year's subscription to O-Mag (Oprah's Magazine) for my Mom. I think she'll enjoy that. And the funny part is this is the first year I actually have ideas of what to get people...yet I don't want to get out there and buy this stuff!!

I guess you could say I've had the Christmas blues. Why? No idea either. I had a few days where I was down in the dumps. Actually, while I sit here and think about it maybe it's because I had planned to get a few things done this year and it never happened. My number one thing I wanted to get done was pay off my 2 credit cards. I had paid one off but when I got stuck paying for a two bedroom apartment on my own I used it a little more than I should have.

2) This year I bought a used car, my first car ever! (which is paid off as of two weeks ago!!). My first very own Pontiac Sunfire in none other than Barney Purple! That was something I totally didn't plan for. It happened pretty quickly but the deal was right so I went for it. I know nothing about cars, so when it came to buying one I called my Dad...a lot. He got as informed as he could, asked me a whole wack of questions about the car and told me to go for it.

3) I was my Mom's first-ever mother's day present (I was born the day before her first mothers day as a mom)

4) I'm extremely self-conscious and very hard on myself.

5) I care about others a lot and often put their needs ahead of mine.

6) I love spending time with my friends on a one on one term. I don't know why but it's something I've always liked to do. Or small groups (ie) Raina, Lisanne and I went for dinner and shopping. Those to me are so much fun. No worries though...big huge get togethers are a blast too!

7) I'm extremely bottled up. I don't let anyone know what's going on. I hold it all in until I just need to have a sad day. Then I have a good cry and I'm back to normal. I need to learn to talk about how I'm feeling more. The way I see it. If you don't let anyone know all of you then you can't get hurt. The times people get hurt is when they've let their guard down. So why not avoid that? As soon as someone starts to figure me out, I back away.

8) I'm bad with money. Horrible actually. If I have cash on me I need to spend it.

9) I'm a lefty

10) My favorite food is liver

11) When I'm uncertain of something, or I'm not really paying attention to what someone is telling me I'll say "yeah yeah!" and just go with it. Jeff noticed this about me and it cracks me up everytime I do this.

12) The first boy I ever had a huge crush on broke my heart when he insulted me about something that completely bothers me....my weight.

13) I love kids and I've always said I wanted 5. Okay, 5 is a crazy number to me now considering how expensive they are. I'd settle for 2.

14) I take things very personally but I'll never let anyone know how I feel about it.

15) I crack my fingers, toes, back, hips, neck. All of it.

16) When I'm stressed out my right eye twitches.

17) I love my birthday. It's the one day I can get excited about and have a really good reason for it! Plus it's an excuse to buy myself stuff.

18) I love doing crafts but I end up not finishing them.

19) I love the outdoors (skiing, hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, cottages etc)

20) I like to clean, and do so even more if something is bothering me.

21) My fav show right now is Grey's Anatomy. Mostly because of George...I'd marry him tomorrow if he asked me.

22) I cried for the longest time to get a dog. My parents finally gave in and i had the cutest little bichon frisee puppy for Christmas when I was 12. Then came time to train her and I hated her for about 2 months. Then I loved her again when I didn't have to wake up at all times of the night to let her out.

23) I write notes for myself but forget where I've put them or lose them before I make it to the store. Yet....I still write notes.

24) In the summers I could live on slush, Mr. Freeze & popcicles.

25) I love a good Tim Horton's coffee.....anytime day or night. But I limit myself to no more than 2 coffee's a day....most days I only have 1.

I guess thats it! I'll do my best to try and be on a little more often. As long as I don't get arrested for stangling someone at the mall when I go buy my Christmas Gifts!! Thanks Raina for tagging me and making me get back on my blog. I needed that little push. As for who to tag?! I'm gonna have to say Lisanne since she's off work for a little bit and was bugging me to post again. The next on the list is going to have to be Chrissy. That's right girl...just because the Minister died (who was going to marry her and Nate next summer) isn't an excuse! Happy bloggin'!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! My first TAG! And I am very happy to see you back on your blog, I was getting concerned Caroline!

I agree with you 100%, this year I'm not psyched about xmas either... with all the deposits and shit for the wedding coming up, Nate and I aren't doing much of anything, except buying for others. And we still have to start shopping too.

We'll have to have a night out sometime soon - I think we both need to blow off some steam girl!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Raina* said...

Woohoo, Caroline did her random 20...and added 5 more to make 25!!

And Caroline, for the record, I had the greatest time with you and Lisanne when you were in town. I really hope we can do something together, the three of us again, while you're up for Christmas.

And you know....now I'm gonna be paying attention for 'yeah yeahs' next time we're talking....and if I catch you not paying attention to me...well you'll be in trouble.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Christielli said...

I'm a craft starter but not finisher too. And, I'm bad at bottling things up too.

It was fun reading your random 25!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I am a finisher!! haha... good post man. Love that you are bad with money, gives me something to relate to you about now.haha..
Scott

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, we have many things in common..at least 1/3 of them! I've been kind of down this year too. My vaaction starts after tomorrow so I hope that helps things :)

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home