Wednesday, October 19, 2005

My little Monster

Here he is. My little green monster. I brought him home back in March and he was about the size of my finger. He's grown quite fast and he's pretty big. Now, he's the size of my entire hand (if not more). His body & tail is about the same length as the tip of my hand to my elbow. I named him Brice, which means alert and quick moving. Which he is. Especially when I feed him. I don't know any man that doesn't like food and he's no exception. So far, his favs are crickets, watermelon, lettuce, kale, turkey (he needed a thanksgiving too!), carrots, apples and the list goes on. He'll eat anything I feed him.

He was pretty friendly up until a few weeks ago. I took him out of his cage and he got startled. He panicked and jumped off me while I was standing. So he fell about 5ft and would not let me near him. Slowly but surely I'm gaining his trust again. He hasn't been picked up since but he's finally eating out of my hand again which is a good sign!

I gotta take a picture of him while he's sleeping. I've never seen anything so funny. He sleeps in all sorts of positions and doens't seem to care. He'll sleep with his front legs behind him, his body up against the cage, his head leaning down the wood, cuddled into the sand and I've caught him sleeping in his fresh water.


Here he is up to no good. I'm starting to think he's playing a game. Everytime I change his water he poops in it. And I don't mean the following day. I mean, within 5 minutes. But only if I'm home. If I leave he won't do it. A sign he wants attention? Maybe. Or maybe just more food. So, I thought I'd introduce you all to my little monster.
Raina I'm still impressed you held him!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Awww, I think he's coolio! Just sittin there chillin. I like him!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Raina* said...

bahaha, Brice is one cool little dude. except for the pooping part!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Eff Off said...

He's a cutie! I used to have a leopard gecko - "Princess" lol. I got her when she was a teeny weenie and had her for quite a few years. When I left for college, I finally gave her to the little boy who lived next door. :) Can't wait to see some pics of his snoozing positions. hee hee

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... you have all the time in the world to take care of (and take pictures) of your newer & cooler pet, but what about the one you negelct at work????? That's right Caroline... what about Bubbles????? It's a good thing I'm around to help keep that poor fish alive. Maybe I'll blog Bubbles.

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your lizard and my nephew share the same name..although the human spells his name Bryce. I will never look at my nephew the same...he will get a kick out of it when I tell him.

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a bearded dragon? He is cute! Have you raised him since he was a tiny little guy?

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home