Friday, October 07, 2005

Thanksgiving Weekend

It's a long weekend and I'm going to a wedding! My old Roomy Sherri is getting hitched and I can't wait to see her all dolled up. I leave tonight to go to Brockville (aka Brockvegas). Chrissy is nice enough to let me crash at her place for two nights. Tonight I arrive in Brockville, have dinner, go to Sherri's parents for a little gathering. Everyone finally gets to see Mr & Mrs. Hanley's bedroom Sherri and I re-decorated for them while they were in Florida for the summer.

- The almost finished product. The headboard & curtains were hand made. It was sooo much fun. The only thing we didn't pick out was the comforter.

- The sitting room just off the bedroom area. This room was also a dressing room which has HUGE cupboards that us Girls put together. They are about 8ft tall and I think there was 8 of them! We had a little "drill" problem but the neighbour was kind enough to let us borrow his.

Tomorrow, according to my itinerary, I go to the ceremony at Hardy Park around 2:45pm. Then, I hop on a bus and go for a nice little tour of Brockville, which will then deliver us to the hall for dinner. Afterwards let the party begin! How great is that?! I've never been to a wedding that you get to go on a tour in between locations! Good way to keep everyone busy and out of the way. Sunday, there will be a brunch at the Hanley residence and of course the gift opening. Woohoo!

And, for those of you that know me, I dont often wear skirts. Tomorrow I am. I'm going to be dressed like a girl and have to get all prettied up. I'll admit it, I like to get dressed up! Plus, I bought some new clothes which makes it that much more fun. I even bought some cool jewelery!! I had a bunch of cute little necklaces but I left them in my gym bag (of all places) in my hot car when I was moving. Guess what...my shampoo, soap, everything blew up and the cute little necklaces I had turned green. Gross! So, I'm slowly starting up my collection all over again. Kinda fun to be honest. Otherwise I wouldn't have an excuse to buy more stuff!! Now I NEED it. haha So, hopefully it won't rain, and all goes smoothly. Last wedding I was at was Raina's and it couldn't have went any better!

Cheers to a good weekend and I'll be posting some pics of the wedding when I have a chance next week!

3 Comments:

Blogger Raina* said...

Ugh QUACK!!! I was totally excited when I saw pictures..... I thought I was finally going to see pictures of your new digs.

And woohoo to dressing like a girl! That's awesome, and I'm sure you'll look as beautiful tomorrow as you were at my wedding. I mean, c'mon.....my mom cried when she saw you!!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The bedroom looks fabulous!!! WOWZAZ! Happy Thanksgiving, have a great weekend :D

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caroline - THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for all the help this weekend - I was so nervous about having everyone over to my place this weekend for "Happy Turkey Day" this year! Everyone loved ya (of course, I am only friends with the best!), and said what a sweet girl you were after ya headed back to Ottawa (if only they knew...)
Seriously though - thanks for helping me get dinner ready, and for basting "Herman" with me, lol.
Pics are updated on tha blog already!

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home