Sunday, October 02, 2005

A beautiful Sunday

Well, I woke up this morning to Jeff slamming every possible door in his path. He's like my Mother. As a teenager, I was never able to sleep in because my room was just on the other side of the bathroom wall and just above the kitchen. Two rooms that have cupboards in them. That would be the first thing would hear on a Saturday morning. Now my roomate is the EXACT same way.

So anyways, I get up, take my shower and march on downstairs. Jeff was making us breakfast. Bacon, eggs, toast and a smoothie. YUMMY! Yep I was stuffed after that. Then, we sat there and had no idea what to do today. We had to get out of the house because yesterday was spent watching the last 6 episodes of 24, Season 2.

So, Jeff suggested we go take a hike in Gatineau Park. I have been living in Ottawa for the last 3 years and had not been there yet. I was so excited. My favorite time of year is Fall and it's finally here. I love the leaves changing colors, I love the cooler temperatures and I love everything about it. Taking walks, driving around, sitting out with friends is so much more enjoyable when the scenery is that much prettier. So, we packed some water, a camera and put our sneakers on. Let me tell you, it's absolutely beautiful. We didn't get to go in some of the trails because there was so many people that the parking lots were full and they wouldn't let anyone in. We found a "trail" a little further down and started to walk. It ended pretty quick but we did get some nice pictures.



I'm hoping to go again when the leaves are a little more colorful and hopefully there won't be as many people who have the same bright idea. I can't believe how big this place was. I knew it was a popular spot but was unaware of the size of the Gatineau Hills.

Now I'm sitting around waiting for Desperate Housewives & Grey's Anatomy to start. I guess I'm going to go Blog Hopping and catch up on everyone's lives. I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend as much as I did. It will be one of the last before the cold starts to set in! Yay for snow! I love it!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous photo!!!! Looks like a lovely day for a hike! I love this time of year too :)

8:54 PM  
Blogger Raina* said...

Whoa, I hate that I never got a chance to get there while I lived there. I was there for 3 effing years too!! What a loser!!!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home