Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Sherri's Wedding Shower

Well, my little Sherri is getting hitched. Sherri and I go back to when I first moved to Ottawa 3 1/2 yrs ago. She was the girl who's parents owned the house I was renting a room from but wasn't there the day I moved in. No one was there. It was strange moving into a house that no one was there and the only reason I knew it was the right one was because the key opened the lock. Thank goodness!!



Sherri and I got along great from the moment I spoke with her on the phone and told her I'd be willing to send her rent money without even seeing the place. Let me tell you it was one of the best decisions I'd ever made. Sherri and I became close friends in a short period of time. We almost had to considering the two other gals we lived with were a little off the wall. For example, the one girl asked Sherri if we had to put the garbage at the end of the driveway or if the garbage men came in the garage to pick it up! - No actually, if you leave your door unlocked, they'll empty the garbages throughout the house for you - That was just one of many stories.

So Sunday was Sherri's wedding shower. It was pretty fun and we definitely had a lot of laughs. I was in charge of doing the "Toilet Paper Game". It goes like this:



- teams of 3 or 4
- you get scotch tape and 4-5 rolls of toilet paper
- 1 girl must be the model
- you must try to fabricate what the brides dress is going to look like
- no cheating, if you can separate each team even better

I played this at Raina's shower, and because it all started so quick I didn't have a chance to introduce myself to the girls on my team. My introduction came when I began tucking strands of toilet paper under this girls bra. I then put my hand out and introduced myself! Let me tell you...it can get quite competitive but is probably the most interactive game and is definitely an ice breaker!

Now I get to see the actual dress in a month and see another friend of mine walk down the isle. I guess we're coming at an age where this is going to start happening more often. I'm so excited for Sherri because she waited long enough to meet Will. And he came when she wasn't expecting it. They managed to start a relationship while Will was working overseas and Sherri was living in Ottawa. As things became more serious they both decided to move to Toronto and start a new life together. Amazing how things turn out when you least expect them to. So, Sherri and Will, may you share many laughs, have many great memories and begin some new traditions! Cheers and best of luck to the both of you!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, Caroline! I see that you described the toilet paper wedding dress game very well, but you forgot to mention the gift you gave to Sherri.....edible massage oil, flavoured condoms, etc.

I was really glad that one of the 3 girls renting rooms in my house was sane. Not only sane, but you actually look like me and can easily pass for my 3rd daughter.

Mom Hanley

7:18 AM  
Blogger Raina* said...

LOL, I see you were up to your old tricks!! What is it with you and edible massage oils and flavored condoms??

Did Sherri get Nipple Nibbler also?

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caroline,
Those pictures are great - you better be scrapbookin' them!
Way to go with the gifts - that's much more interesting than a boring set of towels. How come I wasn't invited to tag along to the sex shop this time??? lol.
BTW, What flavour is Nipple Nibbler???

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home