Tuesday, September 20, 2005

My little brother is leaving me....

That's right. He's moving back home hoping to move on to bigger and better things. I really wish he would stay in Ottawa a little longer but he knows what he wants to do and he's going for it. I give him all the credit for bitting the bullet and going back to Timmins. It'll be a big change for him at first but I think he'll be just fine. He still has friends there and he'll be living rent free.

So, my weekend is going to be mostly helping him load up my parents truck and I'm sure I'll be helping him finish up his packing. He's a procrastinator and if it's anything like the last time there will still be stuff lying around not packed! That's what Rob is all about. No worries....everything will take care of itself. Or at least Mom and I will take care of it for him.

I'm not looking forward to moving more stuff. I've moved, let's see, 8 times in the last 8 years and I've had 11 roomates. And I've helped my brother move 3 times now. Yep, crazy stuff eh? Mind you 3 of those moves was just going back and forth from Toronto for school and then home to Timmins for the summer. Still...it was a move just the same. And the rest is pretty much all the times I've moved since I've lived in Ottawa. I wish there was a magic button we push and everything would fold up nicely in a box. Why can't it be that easy?!?

So, I'm going to miss having my little brother around but I'm sure he'll come visit often. My parents are planning to come see a hockey game sometime in the New Year which I can't wait. I wish they would come visit more often instead of being forced to come to help us move. But at least I get to see them this weekend. The next time will be at Christmas. With the price of gas these days I'm going to have to make smaller trips instead of going home as often as I was. Eight hours of gas one way is costing a pretty penny these days!! And Lisanne, if you want me to come up longer you're just going to have to get married like Raina did and I'll take extra time off!

Oh Rob, thanks so much for the CD. I love it. My "Caroline Macoustic" Cd is fantabulous and I'll be sure to play it often. You're just going to have to make me more Cd's!! Love ya tons and I hope things work out the way you want them to! xoxox

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Caroline,
Hang in there! I know just how terrible you are at good-byes and you try to hold it all in. Who knows, maybe he'll be back... and you never know if Ottawa is where you're supposed to end up either...
Chin up bella, everything happens for a reason (even if it sucks).

7:07 AM  
Blogger Raina* said...

He's done with Ottawa? Wow, I didn't really expect that. That sucks!!

About the car rides up to Timmins, well you'll just have to convince Jeffie to come back to Timmins with you....tell him a tank of gas will get him some of aunt Cloey's slush!!!
Or hell, bring Chrissy along, I read her blog now...

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home