Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Updates, Postcards and Christmas OH MY!

Well, I'm back. I've been MIA for the last little bit and managed to put the last post up for my brothers bday as quickly as I could.

So many little things that have been going on. For one. Lisanne's surgery was a total success!! She's doing amazingly well and I'm so proud of how strong of a woman she is. I mean she just had open heart surgery (valve replacement) and today is day 2. She walked to the washroom on her own and pretty much got out of bed by herself. She no longer has tubes in her, she ate a soda craker (at this point...it's a lot for her to eat) and other than looking tired she still has her sense of humour. She is now in my number two spot of unbelievably strong women I know. My mom is #1 of course (more to come on that some other time).

What else. Oh...I had a doctors appointment and here's what I managed to get done. 18 million questions answered. She's my new found doctor and was doing a history summary. Holy crap does she ask soooo many questions. But now she knows all my family medical history: alzeihmers, parkinsons, stroke, heart attack, high blood pressure, diabetes, aneurisms and overweightness. Oh yes. So fun. Then I had to do what I've been avoiding for as long as I could. The wonderful, "test" us women get to have done once a year. Ugh. I really was soooo nervous about it and kept wanting to cancel my appointment. The only reason I didn't is because my roomate, a BOY, was so surprised that I had never had it done and said I need to get it done. He was right. So, as much as he was teasing me about it, he was reminding me that I had to go. So, ladies, it really wasn't all that bad. Over in 2 minutes and I could breathe easy again. Until next year! haha I also got the flu shot and teitnus shot. Oh yeah....I killed about 20 birds with 1 stone last night!

My postcards are starting to arrive and I LOVE getting mail that isn't a bill. I got two more in the mail and now I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing to do with them. How can I make them into something pretty that I can enjoy? 3 down and still waiting for 7 more. I have a feeling Raina might be the last one!!!

I got a really nice email today from my buddy Rene. He's in Aylmer right now doing his police training. He wanted to know how I was doing with all the stressful times the past couple of weeks. Nice eh? And ladies.....he's one HAWT man. Oh yes....he is BUILT and my mom is totally in love with him. She sees him at the gym and will call to say "Have you seen Rene lately? Holy crap he's built. His arms are huge and Shelly and I keep looking at him". Okay Mom. That's my friend you're talking about who could be your son. She totally adores him and it's cute. He's one of 3 or 4 guys she has on her "Potential Future Son-in-law List". Yes, she has a list of guys she thinks she would like as son-in-laws. She cracks me up and I love her to pieces.

I guess that's it. I'm frozen right now and I'm going to go make myself a hot chocolate to try and warm up. Oh yeah...Christmas. It's coming quick. I didn't manage to get all my C-mas shopping done but I do have my list of things to get. Once thats bought i'll be finished. Woohoo! The worst part is trying to find things to buy. So thats figured out. I just need to go buy stuff. AND MY CAR IS PAID OFF!!!!!


And a partridge in a pear tree.........

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for being there during the wait of surgery day. I hear it was a long wait. 7hrs. I am surrounded by people who give me strenght, yourself included and with this strenght I am able to get well soon.

Thank you for spending time with me. I am glad we got that shopping done.

Most of all thank you for being you. I love who you are and am so happy to have in my life.

Love, Lisanne

3:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad Lisanne's surgery went well! I am also glad you'vce started getting postcards...I hope mine was one of them!

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, it's Martine.
I don't know you're email and I lost your #. I need to talk to you, email me at mpicotte@flemingc.on.ca
Thanks
Martine

7:45 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Pretty happy about XMAS eh? GOod for you... i was at the mall on the weekend, not so happy myself.

Like the teaching abroad idea, but want to be a bum... haha... guess teaching would be one way to actually get away though.

Scott

6:31 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Good to hear that Lisanne is doing well! That's great news! Also glad to see you are back! :)

8:05 AM  
Blogger Raina* said...

Soo happy about Lisanne..... I'm sure it was a long wait...but you are one very special friend. I thought of her from my office here in Timmins.

Good luck with Christmas shopping. It always seems more of a burden for Jimmy & I to buy presents. No clue what to buy parents who have EVERYTHING.

And I've very happy for you....a car that is paid off is cause for celebration.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Raina* said...

Hey
I used to have a friend named Caroline who used to contribute to a blog of her own.

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez girl... all my time offline with my monitor being broken and all I've missed is 2 measley posts??? Just buggin - I know you've been preoccupied with Lisanne, and living with Jeff must tire you out - especially when he points out your cleavage at work, hahahaha!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Raina* said...

You have officially been tagged!!!

Check out my blog.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home