Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Music anyone?

Alrighty. My weekend was pretty good. I did manage to clean the entire house in steps(wasn't my plan) but it got done. Top to bottom. Phew.

Saturday I got a call from a friend who said her and her family were going to some place in Quebec for some Halloween thing. Apparently this entire street was decorated for halloween and it was amazing. It was an hour and a half drive but her Dad assured her it would be great. So, 9 of us (two of them kids) hopped in two vehicles and made the trek. Guess what. It hadn't existed for two years!! haha Her dad did get teased a lot but it was fun nonetheless. We did have some rockin' tunes kicking in the car. She had two disks with over 300 songs of OLDIES music. Now, when I say oldies I'm talking about 80's early 90's stuff. So now I want my own CD. It will be perfect for my 8 hour drive home at Christmas.

Any good song suggestions ladies?? Here's a few so you know what kind of stuff I'm looking at....oh I can't wait!!!!!

* Good Vibrations - Marky Mark & the Funky Bunch
* My Sharona - The Knack
* Step by Step - NKOTB
* To Be With You - Mr. Big
* Opposites Attract - Paula Abdul
* Black or White - Wacko Jacko
* Like a Prayer - Madonna
* U Can't Touch This - MC Hammer
* Footloose - Kenny Loggins
* I think We're Alone Now - Tiffany
* Pump Up the Jam - C & C Music Factory
* Let's Talk About Sex - Salt & Peppa
* You Gotta Be - Des'ree
* I'm Too Sexy - Right Said Fred
* Stay - Lisa Loeb
* One Sweet Day - Boyz II Men feat. Mariah Carey

And I have a tonne more! Woohoo! I'll be singing my little heart out for 8 straight hours! I need some good tunes to keep me busy. So, if you have any suggestions PLEASE let me know! Trish said she'd make me a CD but I may have too many songs for just one CD *wink wink nudge nudge*. What was your favorite song, um let's say, 10 years ago? Some of these songs may not be too old but they remind me of the days back in High School, driving around singing with friends. Trish & Gen...remember singing 'Stay' as fast as we could?! Only us morons!!

Other than that I don't have too much else to fill you in on. My roomy is coming back Thursday! Woohoo! I've been lonely all by myself. I am taking friday off and apparently Jeff has things planned (road trip maybe! Woohoo) I've managed to keep busy and do some crafts. I'd take pictures of what I've done but they are Christmas presents so no such luck ladies & gents! I guess I'll quit here since I am at work and I do have things I have to get done. I needed a break!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Where do I start? I freaking love 80's and 90's. Ok, here are some:
1. Whitesnake-Here I go again
2. journey-don't stop beleiving
3. color me badd- all for love
4. tom cochrane- life is a highway
5. van halen- junp
6. proclaimers- 500 miles
7. michael jackson- the way you make me feel
8. madonna- like a prayer
9. berlin- metro
10. berlin- no more words
11. billy joel- we didn't start the fire
12. billy joel- piano man
13. billy joel- for the longest time
14. alannah myles- black velvet
15. def leapard- photograph

Whew! That took me about three seconds to think of those and write them down, lol! Good luck on your CD, I'm SOOOO jealous! :)

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

5 WORDS!!! New Kids on the Block!!!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Raina* said...

Whoa Quack, your tunes almost make me wish I was joining you for the LOOOONG ride home....but just almost.

Maybe we can have a little girls night in with 'everybody's' aunt Cloey's slush and some rockig old tunes.

p.s. Two Princes (who sang that? Spin Doctors or something like that eh?)

7:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL, love this post. 80's music is truly great. Some of my faves (that you didn't list) are:

Tainted Love-Soft Cell
Burning Down The House-Talking Heads
Thriller-MJ
Funky Town-Lipps. Inc
Jessie's Girl-Rick Springfield
Edge Of Seventeen-Stevie Nicks
Magic Carpet Ride-Steppenwold

Oh and there are SO many more.

1:03 PM  
Blogger CaroMado said...

Oh this is gonna be awesome!!! I might have to pay Trish for this!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Christielli said...

One of my fave 90s songs was "Damn, I Wish I was Your Lover" by Sophie B Hawkins. Do you remember that song? Oh goodness, I gotta get that on my iPod.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home