Friday, January 13, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAINA & JAMIE!!!

Alrighty girls. I hope you have a fantastic friday the 13th birthday. Be sure to have a drink or two on my behalf. Raina, next time I'm home we'll have to go out and celebrate both our birthdays. (even though they're 4 months apart! haha

So not much has been new in O-town and in my life. I've been trying to finish off Season 4 of 24 before the big season premier of Season 5 on Sunday (those of you who watch it's on from 8-10pm on Sunday and Monday. Four hours of one of the greatest shows ever.

I'm off at Noon today just for Raina's birthday. Okay, I'm lying. I'm off because I'm going to watch the Canadian Figure Skating Championships. I can't wait for a few reasons. My mom and I always watched skating and I've never been to see a live competition. Secondly, I get to see Jeff Buttle who, is an old friend of mine's brother. Plus I get to see Meghan (the old friend) after over 5 years. We keep in touch through email and when we're in the same general area we try to get together.

Her and I go way back. We used to laugh sooo much and I can't remember a time that I didn't have fun hanging out with Meg. We got in trouble together (it was the one and only time my parents said they were disappointed in me), we did doughnuts in the Molson Park Parking lot. Well...we had to teach her how firstly, right Megs?! Ate candy till we wanted to throw up. And created the famous waterfall technique. Oh yes, this is when you use your parents vehicle and run it along a snow bank or two and the snow flies over the car at which point you have no idea where you're driving. Yes Megs, you perfected that one!

So I can't wait. It's been way too long and I'm way too excited to see everyone again. Hopefully I can snap some pictures and post them next week sometime.

Oh yeah, I read the second part to "Million Little Pieces" called "My Friend Leonard". Very good book and I couldn't put it down. I started reading it after work last friday at 4:10pm. By the same time the following day I was done the book. I heard James Frey will be publishing a new novel sometime in March and I'll definitely be buying that when it comes out.

I should get going. Have a good one and enjoy the nice weather while we have it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Hee hee! Thanks girl! I appreciate our birthday lovin! And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the card you girls made me. I do. It's SO cute! Thank you both so much for doing that for me! Yay! :)

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to read My Friend Leonard. Loved A MIllion Little Pieces! Thanks for the suggestion!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Raina* said...

bwa-hahahaha Yah, a birthday
shout-out.

Wow, you're breezing nicely through all you latest reads. Ok, it's official....I'll pick up James Frey next time I'm at the mall.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I read "My friend Leonard" as well. I am wondering about all the contraversy that is swirling around his writing. I don't think that it makes it any less impactful. I will get his next book as well.

Scott

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home