Monday, August 21, 2006

Morning Surprise

Oh have I got a funny story. Let me set this up for you. My roomy and I are also co-workers. We spend a tonne of time together yet we still get along. Actually, I almost kinda miss him when he's not around. So, part of our job is to go in the field and be away from the office. I have been stuck indoors all summer taking care of summer students. I'm itching to be out again.

So as usual, the crew at work tease me on their way out and say their goodbye's. Jeff left and that was that. About 15min later I get a phone call. It's Jeff and the first thing he says to me is "Caroline I had to come home.....I had to shit". Right away my reply was "Jeezus Jeff....do you really have to call and tell me that". Then he said "Oh no....something happened...just wait till you hear this one!". So, I get ready to hear a Jeff story. If you knew him, you'd know something totally bizare happened and only stuff like this happens to him.


So, the tells me he had to go home to relieve himself. Then as he was about to start reading his book and something sorta grazed him from inside the toilet! He looked down and thought I had left a surprise in the toilet and was totally grossed out. Until, he realised whatever was in the toilet was actually moving!! Then he asks me if I'm ready to hear what it is. I doubtfully ask what it was and to my horror he tells me it was a friggin' bat!!!!!!

Oh yes ladies and gents, he was not kidding. I was howling at work I was laughing so hard. He kept saying "It bit my left nut and then I ran out of the bathroom tripping on my pants because they were still around my ankles!". Even though he never got bit it was a pretty scary thing to have to go through. He just shut the bathroom door and left it there until we were both home.

I didn't believe him at first but when I got home I didn't even want to step foot in the house. I was grossed out beyond belief. We used to have TONS of bats at the cottage and I hate them. They are the most ugly animals ever. So anyways, we both get somewhat brave and open the bathroom door. There it was in the toilet and had drowned itself. Ugh. I still get shivers thinking about it in there. So, thats my story for now. Just when you think your house is a safe place away from animals think again!! I figured it was 1 in a million shot so we went out and bought lotto tickets. So far we've won two free tickets. Keep your fingers crossed!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Raina* said...

Hmm, what sorta comment could I possibly leave you......since we've already discussed the whole bat issue???

How about this?
You Rock!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Christielli said...

LOL A friggin' bat in the friggin' toilet!!! That's sooooo funny. I'd go pee since I'm laughing so hard, but I'm kind of nervous...

ps Weren't you so happy to see Lukas get to sing the Supernova song tonight?? And he's now the only one to have NEVER had to sing as part of the bottom three. Woot!

7:16 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

I am loving sitting next to you again - I was missing out on so many funny stories for awhile, I bet!

Gotta love bathroom adventures!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home